CAMBRIDGE, UK – Mar. 2, 2009 – ARM [(LSE: ARM); (Nasdaq: ARMH)] today announced the Keil™ µVision®4 integrated development environment (IDE) for creating, simulating and debugging embedded applications on microcontroller and smartcard devices. The µVision4 IDE has been designed to enhance developer’s productivity, enabling faster, more efficient program development and verification. The flexible window management system introduced in the μVision4 IDE enables developers to use multiple monitors and provides complete control over window placement anywhere on the visual surface. The new user interface makes better use of the screen space and organizes multiple windows more efficiently; delivering an uncluttered, efficient environment to develop applications.
µVision4 builds on the success of µVision3 adding:
* System Viewer windows providing device peripheral register information which can be changed directly from within the System Viewer windows.
* Debug Restore Views allow multiple window layouts to be saved, enabling quick selection of the most suitable debug view for program analysis.
* Multi-Project Workspace provides a simplified way to work with numerous concurrent projects such as boot loader and application programs.
* Data and instruction trace capabilities for ARM® Cortex™ processor-based MCUs.
* Device Simulation has been extended to support many new devices such as ARM Cortex-M3 processor-based MCUs from Luminary, NXP, and Toshiba; Atmel SAM7/9, and new 8051 derivatives such as Infineon XC88x and SiLABS 8051Fxx.
* Supports interfaces for many debug adapter interfaces including ADI miDAS Link, Atmel SAM-ICE, Infineon DAS, and ST-Link.
* More information about the µVision4 IDE is available at: www.keil.com/uv4
“The µVision4 IDE builds on the success of what is widely acknowledged as the most popular development environment for microcontrollers,” said Reinhard Keil, director of MCU Tools, ARM. “With the introduction of the µVision4 IDE, we have significantly extended its capabilities to meet the ever increasing demands of embedded software developers.”
The Keil µVision4 IDE is available now as an unlimited beta version from:
All Keil software development tools, including Keil Cx51, C166 and MDK-ARM will begin shipping with integrated µVision4 during Q2/09.
ARM designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM’s comprehensive product offering includes 32-bit RISC microprocessors, graphics processors, video engines, enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. Combined with comprehensive design services, training, support and maintenance, and the company’s broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. More information on ARM is available at www.arm.com
ARM and μVision are registered trademarks of ARM Limited. Keil and Cortex are trademarks of ARM Limited. All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. “ARM" is used to represent ARM Holdings plc; its operating company ARM Limited; and the regional subsidiaries ARM Inc.; ARM KK; ARM Korea Limited.; ARM Taiwan Limited; ARM France SAS; ARM Consulting (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.; ARM Belgium N.V.; ARM Germany GmbH; ARM Embedded Technologies Pvt. Ltd.; ARM Norway, AS; and ARM Sweden AB.