Competition Terms & Conditions
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter competitions.
- The competition winners will be picked at random from all eligible entries that arrive before the closing date.
- Only one entry is permitted per household per bit-tech entry form; second Facebook entries, if applicable, are permitted. Duplicate entries on either form will result in disqualification, and no entrant may win more than one prize.
- The winners will be notified via email unless otherwise stated. The winner must claim their prize within 7 days of the promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, bit-tech reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater specification.
- Prizes will ship to winners within 45 days of the draw, though we aim for sooner.
- Prize draws are not open to employees of bit-tech and their affiliates, agencies, suppliers, sponsors, or employees' immediate families.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Usage
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors, and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- All material on this site, unless expressed otherwise or implied by hypertext link properties, is copyright bit-tech. We make every effort to recognise original content, however where this is not the case please contact us, and upon proof of ownership we will identify the correct rights.
- You may NOT modify, copy, reproduce, republish, transmit, broadcast, transfer, sell, download, derive and create works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, without our permission.
- You may use the content for personal, non-commercial, and non-public use ensuring you comply with all relevant copyright laws.
- You are forbidden to create mirrors of our content without our permission. You are forbidden to hot-link our images without our permission.
What we collect
We may collect the following information from registration forms:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used to visit our website, the time you visited our website, and which pages you visited throughout our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, most web browsers also provide the facility to delete any existing cookies. Deleting a cookie is not equivalent to declining a cookie. A deleted cookie may be recreated on the next visit to a website unless you have configured your browser to decline them. Declining or deleting cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
bit-tech displays third-party advertisements on this website. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers information including your IP address; your ISP; the browser you used to visit our site; and, in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (providing advertising material relevant to your region, country, or continent) or showing certain ads based on specific sites previously visited by you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- you may modify your user profile in order to remove information you no longer want to share with us
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details (a small fee will be charged).
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect